LTO is one of the safest and cost-effective forms of storage around. LTO tape has been the go-to backup and archive medium for companies in media, healthcare, finance, and other such industries that have stringent regulatory or data integrity requirements. It provides an air-gapped archive for your files to ensure they’re secure against all forms of digital assault or machine failure, and because the media itself is relatively inexpensive you can store vast amounts of data with ease.
LTO also provides high-capacity storage that can be transported offsite and interchanged for collaboration, disaster recovery, or long-term archiving. Since its introduction, it remains the number one technology used in backup, archive, content offload, and file transport. The reason is simple: it’s highly reliable and highly cost-effective.
Symply’s stand-alone LTO SAS tape drive delivers an affordable environmentally friendly solution that businesses can rely on for backup and archiving of data. All SymplyLTO SAS drives are fully compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS) software that enables a familiar drag and drop interface, allowing users to move files to tape storage in the same as they would with a conventional hard drive solution. LTFS can also reduce the need for specialist backup/archive software, allowing different users to easily interchange data on Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
Each SymplyLTO SAS desktop utilizes a robust and stylish metal alloy enclosure. And it’s not only rugged – it’s compact and full featured. With a whisper-quiet fan and premium power supply, SymplyLTO SAS is designed for years of trouble-free service. Configurations are available to meet every need and budget from single and dual half height LTO-7, LTO-8 and LTO-9 drives, to the latest full height LTO-9 drives with 18TB raw capacity and read/write speeds up to 400MB/s native. The dual drive desktop design features Symply CableLess technology, allowing for the easy removal of LTO drives, making them highly serviceable and upgradeable.
While SymplyLTO SAS hardware is a step above, the included feature rich SymplyATOM (Advanced Tape Operations and Management) software makes operation and maintenance easy. SymplyLTO SAS systems are also compatible with popular backup and archive utilities for macOS and Windows including YoYotta LTFS, Hedge Canister, Xendata, Tiger Technology Bridge, Retrospect, Archiware P5 and other leading software applications.
Features and Benefits
- Desktop single and dual-drive options for maximum configurations
- LTO-7, LTO-8, and LTO-9 half-height, and LTO-9 full-height configurations to meet every user need
- Advanced metal alloy enclosure with premium whisper-quiet fan and premium power supply for unmatched reliability
- SymplyATOM management and operations software is included with every system for simplified common management tasks and complete easy maintenance
- Supports LTFS and AES 256-bit encryption
- Data and Cleaning Cartridge Included
- 2m SAS cable
- Kensington Lock
- Optional impact-resistant carry case for desktop systems and LTO modules
- All products have a standard three-year warranty with optional upgrade to five years (5 year extension must be purchased at the time of purchasing the drive)