Until now most LTO tape products were repurposed IT systems or design-compromised. With the introduction of SymplyPRO LTO that’s changed. SymplyPRO LTO was designed with creatives in mind. Comprising space-effective single desktop designs and innovative dual-drive desktop systems featuring Symply CableLess technology, making them highly serviceable and upgradeable, SymplyPRO LTO delivers more.
Each SymplyPRO LTO desktop utilizes a robust and stylish metal alloy enclosure. And it’s not only rugged – it’s compact and full featured. With a whisper-quiet fan and premium power supply, SymplyPRO LTO is designed for years of trouble-free service. The desktop systems include two Thunderbolt 3 ports for daisy chaining, and fast device charging. They also include a SAS expansion port and SAS host connectivity port in case you need to connected other SAS devices to your Thunderbolt-equipped computer, or use it with a non-Thunderbolt workstation.
All SymplyPRO LTO configurations feature Linear Tape File System (LTFS) support. Allowing simple drag and drop file operation similar to a conventional hard drive. LTFS can reduce the need for backup or archive software, and allows users to easily interchange data using LTO cartridges or copying data to and from hard drives or SSDs.
Configurations are available to meet every need and budget from single and dual half height LTO-7, LTO-8 and LTO-9 drives, to the latest full height LTO-9 drives with 18TB raw capacity and read/write speeds up to 400MB/s native.
While SymplyPRO LTO hardware is a step above, the included feature rich SymplyATOM (Advanced Tape Operations and Management) software makes operation and maintenance easy. SymplyPRO LTO systems are also compatible with popular backup and archive utilities for macOS and Windows including YoYotta LTFS, Hedge Canister, Xendata, Tiger Technology Bridge, Retrospect and Archiware P5.
Whether you are a media professional working on-set production, post production, VFX, independent filmmaking, in-house creative, photography, or education, SymplyPRO LTO should be your go-to tape storage.
Features and Benefits
- Desktop single and dual drive options for maximum configurations
- LTO- 7 and LTO-8 half-height, and LTO-9 full-height configurations to meet every user need
- Advanced metal alloy enclosure with premium whisper quiet fan and premium power supply for unmatched reliability
- SymplyATOM management and operations software is included with every system for simplified common management tasks and complete easy maintenance
- Supports LTFS and AES 256-bit encryption
- Data and Cleaning Cartridge Included
- 2m (6.5ft) Active Thunderbolt 3 Cable included
- Kensington Lock
- Optional ruggedized carry case for desktop systems and LTO modules
- All products have a standard three year warranty with option upgrade to five years
All dual drive desktop designs from Symply feature Symply CableLess technology – a unique design that allows for the easy removal of LTO drives, making them highly serviceable and easy to upgradeable. So you can start with one LTO in your desktop system and add an additional drive in a matter of seconds, without even having to power the system off. Likewise for servicing, if in the unlikely event of a drive failure, the failed drive can be removed without the need to power off the whole system, and only the failed drive need be returned for repair. Simple.